Our commitment to your privacy
- We collect information directly from you when you create an account or use our services. To make full use of the Site, you must provide us with certain financial account information.
- We may collect information about you from third-party sources that refer you for membership in the Site.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information with advertisers.
- We use the information that we collect to manage your account, provide you with services through the Site and charge you for those services, deliver marketing communications, generate and analyze statistics and aggregate reports about users of the Site, and improve our tools and services.
- We may share your information with third parties as necessary to provide you with our services, to service providers operating on our behalf, to your financial advisor or other agents acting on your behalf (if you authorize us to do so), as required by law, in special circumstances (such as to protect our rights, your rights, or the rights of others), in connection with a corporate restructuring, or with your express consent.
- We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, including encryption and other security measures, to protect your information.
What information do we collect?
— We and our service providers collect any information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you register to join the Site or when you use the services available through the Site. If you register to join the Site, we will collect your name, contact information (including U.S. mailing address, email address and telephone number), and other registration information, such as a password for accessing the Site, your phone number for multi-factor authentication, and your response to one or more additional security questions that we may use to verify your identity. We may also ask you to provide, at your option, certain demographic information, such as your age, income, profession, and information about your financial assets. We may also collect information that you provide to us by email, telephone, or other means.
— We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Site, and the search terms you enter on the Site. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Site using the same computer or mobile device, and to improve the Site and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Site saves on your computer or mobile device, or similar technologies. You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Site.
— We may collect information about you from third-party sources. For instance, should a friend, colleague, financial advisor or other third-party refer you for membership in the Site, we may keep a record of the identity of that referring party as part of your account profile. Similarly, when you refer others to join the Site, we will record your name for the purpose of tracking the status of your referrals.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information related to the Site;
- charging you for products and services available through the Site;
- providing you with information about the Site or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you (however, we do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for marketing purposes);
- customizing your experience when using the Site, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Site and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site, and users of the Site in the aggregate (including statistics about our users’ Financial Account Information); and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
Under what circumstances do we disclose your information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Site:
- as necessary to provide you with products, services, or information related to the Site;
- to service providers who work on our behalf and are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations;
- to your financial advisor or other agents acting on your behalf, if you authorize us or them to do so;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; and/or
- pursuant to your express consent.
In addition, we may share aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, or other information that does not personally identify you, with any other third party. This can include aggregate, non-personally identifiable information that is derived from Financial Account Information (such as the average or total balances of our users’ financial accounts). We may also use such aggregate information to enhance our services and develop new service offerings. However, we do not sell or otherwise share your personally identifiable information with other companies so that they can market to you.
Third-party financial institutions
Third-party data providers
In order to provide the broadest scope and reliability of services to you, we may from time to time use third party data services to gather your Financial Account Information from financial institutions. These third party providers are bound by privacy obligations that prohibit them from disclosing your personally identifiable information and allow them to use only anonymized user data. By using our Site, you grant our third-party providers the right, power, and authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your personal and financial information from the relevant financial institution.
The Site and communications from us may contain links to websites operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such websites that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is your information stored?
Information collected through the Site will be processed by Max in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States.
How is your information secured?
We are committed to protecting your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected through the Site. For example, we use SSL encryption technology to protect the transfer of your information, we keep your information encrypted on our servers, and we do not permit our employees to access your Financial Account Information. We have also engaged third-party security experts to assist us in maintaining and implementing sound data security practices. However, no information or communication system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. In addition, we are not responsible for the security of information that you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Six Trees Capital LLC
445 Park Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10022